Project Engineer / Estimator
- Fast-paced opportunity
- Permanent role with a growing and proven contractor
- Competitive remuneration negotiable with experience
Fortec is an Australian owned contracting company that specialises in the Post-Tensioning of Building and Civil Concrete Structures, Ground Engineering & Bridge Remediation.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Due to continued growth across the Western Australian region, we are currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer / Estimator to join our operations in Sydney, NSW. Reporting to the Manager NSW, this varied role will be working within a busy, successful project delivery team on a variety of engineering projects. The role will suit a well organised person with strong interpersonal skills and who is willing to work as part of a supportive and growing projects division.
- Ensure construction is carried out within projects’ technical specifications
- Client liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Keeping accurate records on allocation of plant, equipment, materials and labour
- Collecting and following up on our supplier quotes
- Provide accurate cost and drafting estimates
- Executing tender requests and submissions
- Maintaining and producing accurate project records and reports
- Conduct commercial, risk and profitability reviews
- Detailed tender handover with traceability and support into pre-contracts and delivery
- Liaising with the team to ensure effective communication across all projects
- Adhering to strict OH&S Policies at all times
- Hold a Bachelors of Civil Engineering or Construction Management or Similar
- Experience gained within a contractor environment similar to Fortec and/or experience in the remediation environment - Highly beneficial
- Demonstrated experience in a Project Engineering role that has an Estimating focus
- Strong interpersonal skills, confidence, and professionalism
- Strong Commercial Acumen is a must to ensure a high success rate of team bids
- A team player with sound verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer literacy including Microsoft Office
- High level attention to detail & the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Enthusiastic and strong work ethic with a passion for working in construction industry
- Highly competent and meticulous nature
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
- Work alongside industry leaders
- An attractive remuneration package based on your skills and experience
- Great social benefits - an outstanding team culture
- Ongoing training and career development for the right candidate.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a estimating professional looking to take the next step in their career and join a rapidly growing company offering lots of career and development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this role please click on Apply and complete the online application form.
Fortec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.